01 August 2011

Tomorrow, we place

Some people say that you pour concrete, but I have it on decent authority that since concrete is a solid, even if there's water in it at the beginning, you place it. So tomorrow, if all goes according to my will, we will place concrete here, in what will be a warm garage this winter:




Who knew there was so much to think about in order to get a floor in right. There's making it level (at least around the edges). There's the slope to the drain - if you're going to have a heated garage you're going to need to collect and get rid of the snow that melts off of the car, and a drain is the ideal place ... as long as the concrete is evenly sloped to it. There's the beast known as the power-trowel that, operated correctly, will make your floors smooth and shiny.

Anyway, I have aspirations here to achieve a level, flat, evenly sloped placement of concrete. I do not necessarily have faith in myself to be able to do it. It's not like I place concrete everyday, and GeeVs, who will be my assistant, hasn't worked with concrete before either.

Let the placement begin.  

1 comment:

El Presidente said...

Your "decent authority" is unfortunately incorrect. Concrete is poured. Not until the entire chemical reaction has occurred does concrete become a solid. Up until that point it is in a semi-liquid/semi-solid state and is poured into place.