09 May 2011

Good ride and good French wine

Saturday's ride was a good one! Five of us headed over to Letellier for breaky and a tour of the Red River flood waters. Which are on the wane. Total ride ks were just over 62, and we managed to keep a decent pace, though much of the hauling was into the wind - which conveniently shifted on us, from ESE to mostly S, just when we needed that Easterly boost. So it goes on the prairies.

It is great to ride with friends, and even better to be riding than doing yard work, even if it is for your church (sorry Dan). To quote the great Neil: "Comes a time ..." and the time always comes for a ride, and rarely comes for yard work that isn't your own, much less motivated by some deep-seated motherly castigation to get your ass in gear and fix stuff (that's as Mother's-dayish as this post will get). So I've said it then, that the church does not hold as much sway over my actions as does my wife (not my mother, though at times I have to give my head a shake), or my bike. In that order ... more or less. Wife. Then bike. But there may be occasion to negotiate.

And good French wine? Of course! This is the stuff of conversations that go on and on. That and a common trip to France. We and J & L cracked a bottle we brought back from Frankreich tonight and then proceeded to bombast (well at least I did!) our way through it, and into local issues historical (and hysterical - though none of the ovaries present were functioning) and literary.

Ah yes. One of these days I'll say too much. You just wait.

1 comment:

Easy French said...

Great travel experience. Food is always a popular topic in France ;)
Cathy