20 August 2010

ABESing

Another late night ride home after a night of ABESing. Hope certain folks in authority don't read this. They might start watching the 30 and 421 for a late night rider. These rides are great though. It's cool. There's no traffic. Even if there is a headwind, it just feels like part of the atmosphere. And when I pull into the drive at home I have a sense of gratefulness and well-being. Not only did I make it home safe again, I've been out later than one or all of my kids, again! (At least the kids that are at home; GeeVs may well still be out, although I'm guessing that since tomorrow's a workday, she'll be in bed.) What does this mean? Grow up? Fair enough.

Sara and I played and sang at a fundraiser for the local seniors home tonight. They're raising funds to rebuild a courtyard, and add a stonework water fountain. Local audiences can appear to be generous, but it's hard to tell what they mean by their praise. Suffice it to say that I'm skeptical of effusive praise. In the short run it's easier to say: Wow, that was great! than to pay close enough attention to the performance to comment in a meaningful way. There's a whole lot of "Paula Abdulling" going on out there, all over the land. And what good is that? I guess it's better than a poke in the eye with sharp stick! At least for the time being.



No comments: