12 September 2011

Soccer pitch lines, School prep, Bike cleaning, Blogging

In that particular order these are the things of my day after 3:30. I hauled out the rope, measuring tape, stakes, and the lawn-mower, measured and staked and roped and mowed the lines. By 7 pm that was done. Reasonably well.

I got home and ate a great supper prepared by M (pork tenderloin, french fries (homegrown and made), garden tomatoes and cucumbers, and honeydew (also from the garden) (thanks, I'm not worthy)). Then it's time to envision the day to come, which involves recalling what's been done, and what needs to follow - for four courses. 

By 10:30 it's time to clean the bike of the caked-on Red River mud from yesterday's MudFest, at which time it becomes apparent that the rear wheel needs a bit of TLC (aka truing). All goes well, the pannier rack is re-installed, and I'm ready for the ride tomorrow (today I drove the truck, to bring the mower, rope, stakes, etc to do the lines). 

Now I'm blogging. I still have to make lunch for tomorrow. This is all so ... exciting.

 

1 comment:

Lois said...

Good to have you back on a more regular basis again, even though we have to endure the mundane every once in a while. Of course, my favourite part of today's was your description of your supper, because somehow when any meal is described -- or should I say, any meal that's been enjoyed -- it always sounds perfect and satisfying. And then I thought, well, the Mudfest had those same satisfying components, in a way. and I don't even really know what a Mudfest is.