28 September 2011

Well sometimes you get bit

You know how it is don't you. You're doing your thing. You're pretty confident about it, comfortable doing whatever it is you do. So comfortable perhaps, that you don't see the possible speedbump ahead. When you hit it at speed, you're jolted out of your comfort and into a kind of shocked blinking hazy wha ... that makes you wonder whether you'd ever had any control of anything. So quickly and easily your confidence takes a hit. Really, you know, I've just got to "man up," as the boys say. Or perhaps the Joker's taunt works best: "Why so sensitive?" 

I've gotten used to being chased by dogs. It's been a long time since I've gotten bitten because I can see them coming, so I'm ready for them. No surprises is key. Today, it was all about the surprise. I didn't see the dog coming. I got bit. Maybe I could have seen it, maybe not. It's not that big a deal really. Just a reminder that it doesn't take much to mess you up some days. 

Ride report
in:       7'C wind "facing" SW
out:     23'C wind 5ks W
 

No comments: