21 November 2011

Layout and decline

Clever title eh? I learned today, from a trusted friend, that a person in the city was asking $2500 to complete a task I've done 15 times (and am now doing my 16th and final time) as a volunteer over the past few years. Well I guess I'm either a tool, or a really generous guy. 

I don't feel generous these days. Behind maybe. A bit bitter to be sure. Not generous though. It says a lot (and not very good things) about me that I'm still doing this, despite my misgivings. My generous spirit is in sharp decline. I've given more than I should have, and now I'm in a tailspin. 

It's going to be positive though. I'm going to come out of this having to figure out how to use the time I'm going to take back, to develop something more lasting - myself. If this all sounds kind of hokey and 21st century whine-o-rama so be it. I'm due. It's in the design. 

Ride report
in:     -11'C wind 12 ks S
out:   -10'C wind 15 ks S

       

No comments: