09 November 2011

Post haste

After a day at the mill, the meat grinder, the salt mine, the chocolate factory, the farm, I headed over to the curling rink for the second game of the season. What could be better, really, than sliding rocks on ice so that they hit one another, and after two hours of that, heading up to the club for drinks and laughs. 

When I got home I ducked in on my facebook page only to read a status update from a former student: "Screw studying, let's go on facebook:D" Well I had to click my way out of there as fast as I could. This my friends, may be what it's all coming to. You might hope for better. You might say that we are the "god species" and we can't help but get it right eventually. You might even think that facebook can help. 

But I don't think so. I'll give myself the luxury of hoping that I may work harder to unleash myself from this electronic tether to spend more time riding my bike and sliding rocks on the ice, but as a group humans are too much like water - they follow the paths of least resistance. In the spirit of more resistance I say, "Screw the internet, I'm going to read a book in bed :D" 


Ride report
in:        -3'C wind 20ks W
out:      -1'C wind 25ks NW

No comments: