15 March 2011

Chocolate chips

In their purity - dark and semi-sweet - chocolate chips may be the perfect pick me up. Nestle's Toll House, Hershey's Chipits; these work just fine for me. In fact I finished a handful just now.

I considered giving them up for Lent, but thankfully I remembered moments just like this one, and I stopped that consideration. There are small pleasures that are worth maintaining.

Perhaps if I was in Japan, locked up in a house for fear of radiation, and wondering where the next week's food was going to come from, I wouldn't be too caught up with them. But I'm not.

So, for these small, brown, curly-cue pleasures, I am grateful.

Ride report
in: -1'C Wind WSW 30 ks
out: late meeting, caught a ride


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once a bag of Milk Chocolate chips are open in my house they disappear.