10 May 2010

The birthday boy!

Well yes it has. Yes it has been a good day! Indeed! Although the day began with a rather early ride in to work (left at 6:30 AM), to run a soccer practice (at 7:15 AM), it was a good practice, and the ride in was with wind. So my fortunes had improved.

The morning was smooth, until my pd 3 grade 12 English Lit class threw a party for me! We had chocolate cake (with candles), and apple pie with ice cream, bottles of pop, and multiple bags of chips. It was a chip and pop party extraordinaire! Then they gave me a gift of a gift certificate to Altona Farm Service! WOW! Thanks so much to you guys for all of this. I am a bit overwhelmed by it.

Tonight, for supper, Margruite prepared the classic barbequed steak and potatoes (one of the best meals ever!), with a Greek salad (we're trying to support the struggling economies of the world). And Sara made matrimonial cake (date squares) at my request. Excellent as well!

Then Harry and Susan dropped by to join us for cake, and brought a bottle of wine, along with a book on life in Provence, which we will visit next April.

So it was a great day indeed! I'm 45. I think I might be able to squeeze another 45 years out of it. My chances are reasonable I think: my Dad will turn 90 this August, and his mother lived to 93.  

Ride in        Temp 6'C Wind SE 15 ks
Ride home  Temp 8'C Wind E 15 ks

3 comments:

Renae Friesen said...

Happy Birthday PK!
You're pretty cool, for being as old as you are.
JUST kidding. You'll be cool for life. Even when you're a grandfather. You can tell your grandkids about the party we threw for you today.

Dalila said...

Glad it was a good b'day! Sounds like good food extraordinaire; that's the way to do it!

Anonymous said...

Booooo. I totally missed your birthday. Happy Belated!