04 May 2010

The first one turns 20!


One score years ago, at 7:30 AM, in Winnipeg's Victoria General Hospital, Genevieve Suzanne Krahn was born to the young, naive, idealistic, happy couple, Margruite and Paul Krahn. This event was earth-shaking for the three of them. It really doesn't get much bigger than this. One moment she's an idea, a possibility, a round belly of anticipation, the next she's a screaming, breathing reality. Oh my. Here we are. 


The following sonnet is for her. Hey GeeVs! Congrats on your first two decades!

sun's up and ready this early morning
east wind pushes, the wheels run on
I feel the rain relentless, oncoming
I will be in before it stumbles down
still I hear that beau of time a'knocking
reminders of what's been, undone and done
we are bound to watch the minutes hocking
our past sited down the metal of a gun
but for you I will never remember
yeah, for you I hereby will not forget
that deep and gentle hum of slumber
that sweet and supple swell of death
yet let us breathe and live in purity
among white lilies waving, as a sea

PauPs

Ride in          6'C Wind ENE 15 ks
Ride home    5'C Wind WNE 40+ ks Rain

No comments: