25 June 2010

After midnight rides and writings

Okay. So it's 1:34 AM and I just rode home from town after an awesome ABES night farewell for Lorne. And the story could continue. Discussions of Yoga, Education, the Alexander method, $50 bikes, and helping two elderly guys from Winkler trying to find some 77 year old friend who was headed for Gretna but somehow got himself out to the Shell station on the corner of the 201 and the 59. Really?! Can all this happen on one night? And on the ride home my backlight keeps cutting out on me (whenever I go over a bump) and there's lightning off to the South and East as I ride, floating along, suspended between goodnight and good morning. What a merry thing it all is. All of it!

Friends. I hope you find one another. I hope that if you're lost and miles off track that two guys from far away in their blue Montana mini-van will make the effort to find you. They'll drive and drive, and end up asking for help at a small town bar and meet a guy who's about to ride his bike home at 1 AM, and he'll head back into the bar for the phone book, and you know what? His good friend (the best no doubt), who has just explained his morning Yogic, Muslim, Alexander method morning ritual down on the darkly triangled barroom indoor outdoor rubber backed carpet, will come along to help clarify things. And together they will send along the two weary searching friends to do what we all must do. Find one another. Help out. Be together.

Please make the effort. Find each other. Please. I hope.

What it is.

Ride in         Temp 17'C Wind SW 15 ks
Ride home   Temp 24'C Wind E 10 ks

2 comments:

TK said...

Hey Paul,

Good post - well, the one on Moosonee was good too - and I agree on finding and helping friends. Although I also agree with KV jr 'Love will fail, but courtesy will prevail'

Also - where is Lorne going?

Tim.

small locum plumber said...

Lorne and Nada are moving back to BC. Lorne likes it here, a lot, but Nada is restless again.