09 June 2010

Sometimes in 30 minutes ...

... you can do more and do better than you did over a few months. Today I witnessed such a phenomenon. Renae and Andrea wanted more to do. To be accurate, they had more to do, but they wanted something different to do. They wondered about it. Maybe they could do something else, they asked. Maybe they could do more improv on Hamlet. Well, they had me because the improv work they'd done on Hamlet before was pretty fine. So I said yes. Then they needed a suggestion. Or rather, they wondered if I had one. I looked at them. I thought of Ophelia. I thought of Juliet. I wondered about Lady Macbeth. I suggested that they develop a short scene in which Ophelia meets one of these two Shakespearian women. They looked at each other. Smiled. Said that this idea sounded pretty decent, and headed out into the hallway to prepare. In about 30 minutes they came back into class and said they were ready. Ready? I said. Now? Yup, they said. So, All right, I said. But I said we'd need to record it in some way. For posterity. Well Renae had a camera with a video feature, and enough room on the memory card. So I took the camera and sat and recorded their three minute piece. A conversation between Ophelia and Juliet. If the video turned out, perhaps I'll post it here tomorrow (with their permission). If not, suffice it to say, that between Andrea and Renae, and Tobin's dramatic and flawless "Tis now the very witching hour ..." rendition, it was a class for the ages! Well, at least for the semester!

Ride in        Temp 12'C Wind SW 5 ks
Ride home  Temp 19'C Wind SSE 13 ks

1 comment:

Renae Friesen said...

BEST FRIENDS!!!!! Can't even believe how great that is. Thank you kindly PK. Seriously.